This car seat review centers on best lightweight infant car seat because in recent Amazon customer reviews, we found that many new mothers looked for top rated car seats for infants that are lightweight.
Choose The Best Car Seat For Your Needs Here:
Britax B-Safe Infant Car Seat Review
Britax B-Safe Infant Car Seat, Red
- Side impact protection distributes crash forces, shields from vehicle intrusion and contains the head and body
- Tangle free, five-point harness distributes crash forces across the strongest parts of the body and provides a secure fit
- Energy-absorbing foam liner absorbs and distributes crash forces
- Stroller compatible design-integrated click and go adapter system works with Britax "B" series strollers
- Lightweight and engineered for vehicle and stroller compatibility
Car Seat Stats:
Weight: 16 lbs
Type: e.g. Infant Car Seat for up to 1 year old infants
1. The Britax B-Safe Infant Car Seat is designed lightweight with an ergonomic handle that makes it easy to carry it around. The adjustable base has five positions to ensure the safest seat positioning.
2. The best advantage is that it’s lightweight and travel friendly, so this is one of the top rated car seats for infants that provides your child with both comfort and safety. It is made with side impact protection using a special energy absorbing foam.
√ removable seat pad.
√ five-point harness to provide a secure fit
√ extra-large canopy to protect from wind, rain, and UV rays
√ push-button lower LATCH connectors
√ lightweight design
↓ the straps are a little twisty as they are quite slick and skinnier than most other infant car seats
Actual owner reviews:
“If you’re looking for a travel system that’s a bit more expensive but noticeably nicer than something like the Chicco KeyFit one, this is it. The B-Safe carseat is very light, easy to use, and safe. I got it with the Britax B-Agile Stroller, Black, which is also fantastic, FYI. The carseat snaps in quickly (with the provided adapters) and easily, and the canopies of the two overlap to create total shelter if you want.” – Read the full review and others here…
“I was over-the-moon to receive this infant carseat from Britax. We have a Britax convertible car seat for our 22 month old daughter and am happy to have this new one for the baby that is due in April.”-Read the full review and others here…
Special Note: When your infants outgrow these top rated infant car seats you’ll want to buy a rear-facing convertible car seat. However remember to use them rear-facing as long as that seat permits withing the weight of your child. The AAP recommends keeping your child rear-facing to age 2 or the limits of your car seat, which is usually 35-40lbs and way past age two. Your child is a lot safer rear-facing!
Check our other infant car seat reviews: